Improving the standard of living in Roma settlements
Duration: June 2017 – December 2018
Donor: European Union, represented for the purpose of this project by the Government of the Republic of Serbia, Ministry of Finance, Department for Contracting and Financing of EU Funded Programmes (CFCU)
Budget: 1.144.029,02 EUR
Region: Republic of Serbia, Municipalities of Lebane, Svilajnac and Ub
Target group: Roma
The overall objective is to support the implementation of the Roma Inclusion Strategy in the Republic of Serbia.
The specific objective is to enhance the social inclusion and integration of most vulnerable Roma through the provision of sustainable and inclusive housing solutions.
Through the foreseen activities on construction and reconstruction of the target group housing objects the project will contribute to the social inclusion and integration of the Roma consequently supporting the implementation and goals of the Roma Inclusion Strategy.
The project activities are:
- Small scale works on reconstruction/adaptation of building/houses, including roof repair, addition of toilet/bathroom, connection to water/sewage, well digging, etc.
- Substantial reconstruction of existing houses
- Construction of new residential building
- Construction of new houses
- Construction of public playgrounds for children
The results expected within the intervention:
- Living conditions improved for 86 Roma families
- Adapted/reconstructed and connected to the basic infrastructure 59 houses
- Within the social housing system one residential facility with 12 apartments built
- Built 15 houses
- Quality of living increased in three Roma communities through provision of three playgrounds for children.